Firebee AR Down Parka
You're belaying your climbing partner on a frigid morning in the mountains surrounded by snow and ice, yet you're keeping cozy and warm in the Arc'teryx Firebee Parka. The 850-fill down insulation with the fully taped Gore Thermium shell give you an incredible warmth to weight ratio while providing 100% wind protection. In fact, the down-filled pleat construction is actually independent of the outer shell for increased insulation. This type of construction ensures you don't lose any heat through baffle seams or no chill can enter through stitching.
When things get chilly at the belay station, you can throw on the StormHood over your climbing helmet and cinch it up without taking off your gloves with Cohaesive hood adjustments. The hem can be adjusted as well with the dual lower hem adjusters to seal out the elements, while the elasticized sleeve cuffs ensure no chill enters through your arms. If the wind starts to blow the snow around, the seam taped construction and the WaterTight front zipper will keep moisture at bay keeping you as warm as possible. Back at camp, pack the Firebee into its stuff sack to head back down the mountain. Being insulated with down, it has impressive compression abilities making it easy to take with you on all your cold winter adventures.
- Heavyweight warmth for mountaineering and alpine pursuits
- Fully taped Gore Thermium shell is breathable and windproof
- 850-fill goose down adds lightweight, compressible warmth
- Insulation liner is independent of shell for increased insulation
- StormHood fits over climbing helmet to trap convective heat
- Cohaesive hood adjusts easily with mittens or gloves on
- Jacket packs down small inside and fits inside included stuff sack
- Arc'teryx was founded by two climbers from North Vancouver
- Item #ARC00J0
- Q & A
Best Jacket Ever
This jacket keeps me so warm. I brought it with me climbing the mountains of Ecuador and the Himalayas. When I wear it I am never cold and I can comfortably sleep in it. I love the color too. I know I am going to enjoy this one for years to come.