Designed to be worn alone or layered underneath a waterproof shell, the Arc'teryx Down Mitten provides lofted, furnace-like warmth without making your hand feel as though it has a ten-ton brick attached to it. More specifically, this mitten is constructed with a Gore Windstopper exterior, which offers windproof protection yet remains breathable as to encourage a comfortable climate inside the mitten. A water-resistant treatment fends off light precipitation, while the pull cord allows you customize the gauntlet's fit and protection. Meanwhile, a layer of lightweight Coreloft synthetic insulation at the palm delivers grip and dexterity, and the 750-fill down insulation ensures warmth on extra chilly days around camp. Additionally, due the highly compressible nature of the down, the mitten easy to always have in your pack in case of emergency.
- Stand alone or layering mitten for robust cold weather protection
- Windproof, water-resistant materials protect against the elements
- 750-fill down delivers lofty warmth for cold mornings at camp
- Baffled construction eliminates cold spots for consistent warmth
- Compact synthetic insulation on palm delivers grip and dexterity
- Minimalist gauntlet enables easy layering under shell mittens
- Item #ARC00T9
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I paired these with a set of Outdoor Research military overmitts, and the combination is unbelievably warm. The downside is that it's very easy for your hands to get too warm and sweat; at that point, there is no place for the moisture to go.
These mittens are sized small. I wear a Hestra size 10 and normally