Big backpacking trips.
- Hybrid backpack for multi-day to week-long backpacking trips
- GridLock shoulder straps adjust vertically and horizontally
- RotoGlide waist belt moves with your hips to reduce chafing
- Thermo-molded, ventilated frame sheet and aluminum stays for support
- Weatherproof AC² in key areas for protection from rain and snow
- Hydration bladder compatibility with side water bottle pockets
- Item #ARC00NY
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
-High quality fabric
-Kangaroo pouch is nice
- Love the lack of non-essientals
- It's good to see a company that thrives for innovation.
-RotoGlide is much better on paper. The glide seems to only work when you are standing upright and bending left to right (which isn't pretty much never) . I can't see any real benefit on the actual trail when your positioned at a forward angle.
- Premium price for a potential meaningless feature.
- Top lid is awkwardly shape due to the fabric used.
- Grid lock straps seems like a potential point of failure in extreme conditions IMO.
- Didn't feel like 63L capacity for a 5lb+ backpack
Well worth it
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The pack has been nothing but amazing, I don't feel sore at the end of the day, and the suspension keeps the weight evenly distributed on the gigantic plush hipbelt. It works as a backpack perfectly, and includes all the features you'd expect, plus a couple more. Waterproofing helps a lot for peace of mind, I'm sure it's not completely waterproof, but it's kept everything dry in pouring rain without a rain cover, and the laminated fabric feels sturdy, while still being lightweight.
The only things I don't like about it:
-External Storage is so-so. The kangaroo pocket keeps everything accessible, but they include a couple loops for attachment on the sides.
-Hip belt is a little bit awkward when storing the pack in a vestibule or something. It just sticks out, so I clip it together and it's a little more manageable.
Arc'teryx - Fitting The Bora AR Backpack
How to fit the new Bora Backpack - with zonal weather protection and RotoGlide™ hipbelt.