Bora AR 61L Backpack
The Arc'teryx Women's Bora AR 61 Backpack puts lesser packs to shame with its ergonomic, body-conforming support, smartly placed pockets, and convenient gear access. The Bora AR 61 is ideal for backpacking trips ranging from four to six days, easily carrying all of your camping gear, outerwear, clothing, and food. Perhaps its best feature, the RotoGlide hip belt moves up and down with your body as you climb steep hillsides and descend switchbacks on the trail. As its name suggests, it glides smoothly along a track (by approximately 1.25-inches), preventing the hip belt from digging into your sides as you move.
Gridlock shoulder straps are adjustable in both width and height for total customization that's simply not available on lesser packs. And to ensure a plush, body-conforming fit, the dual-density shoulder straps won't pinch or create nasty pressure points. For separation of wet items and outerwear, the zippered kangaroo pocket along the frontside partitions wet gear from ruining items inside the pack. This front pocket is reinforced with waterproof AC² nylon fabric that prevents sensitive items from soaking rains and storms.
- Comfort and carrying convenience for trips lasting to 6 days
- Waterproof AC² nylon along areas prone to wetting out
- Top-loading with side-zips for grabbing and stashing items
- Front kangaroo pocket partitions wet gear and outerwear
- RotoGlide hip belt slides up and down with body movements
- Gridlock shoulder straps are adjustable in width and height
- Zippered lid pocket with separate map pocket at underside
- Attachment points for 2 ice axes and trekking poles
- Item #ARC00NX
- [body] N420p-HT nylon, N630p-HT nylon, [front pocket, top lid] N420r-ACÂ² nylon (waterproof)
- [regular] 61 - 62.5L (3720 - 3814cu in), [tall] 62.5 - 64L (3814 - 3905cu in)
- thermo-molded Tegris frame sheet, aluminum stays
- Shoulder Straps
- GridLock shoulder strap system (width & height adjustments)
- Waist Belt
- yes, RotoGlide hipbelt (moves up and down with body)
- Hydration Compatible
- top-loading with side-zip access, front kangaroo (separates wet gear)
- 1 large main compartment, 1 zippered kangaroo (at frontside), 1 top lid with internal map pocket (at bottomside), 2 side mesh (fits 1L water bottles), 2 hip belt
- Gear Loops
- Ice Axe Carry
- yes, holds 2 ice axes/trekking poles
- Trekking Pole Carry
- yes, holds 2 ice axes/trekking poles
- Claimed Weight
- [regular] 4lb 12.8oz, [tall] 4lb 14.9oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 29, 2018
Wanted to love it!
- I've put it through the wringer
I bought this pack for a 3 week trip to rainy New Zealand. It worked OK, but I didn't end up loving it. No matter what i did with adjusting it, I just couldn't get it to fit me all that well. So I ended up selling it when I got back. Good: Fabulous waterproof bombproof materiel (just make sure the side zipper is zipped up all the way!) I wish all packs were made of this stuff. Good pockets and features. High quality construction. Not so good: It just didn't fit me very well, in spite of so make sure it fits you WITH A LOAD before you buy it. If it fits you well, I'd guess it's a great pack, but for me it hung awkwardly and was tiring to wear. Also, it is very expensive of course! I went back to my trusty Gregory Deva which is the most comfortable pack I've ever had.
April 2, 2019
Hey there, Fitting packs can be tough, I always recommend what you said, trying it on at home all loaded up and make sure you can adjust it to fit. Also, being sized by someone in a store (REI does this) can be very helpful too, as you need to have the right size pack! If you need anymore help, please use the Chat button at the top of the page, or give us a Call at 1-800-409-4502!
April 17, 2017
Arc'teryx - Fitting The Bora AR Backpack
How to fit the new Bora Backpack - with zonal weather protection and RotoGlide™ hipbelt.