Beta SV Jacket
Built for adventurous pursuits where severe weather is imminent, the Arc'teryx Beta SV Jacket delivers unrelenting protection from the worst conditions imaginable. Think uphill slogs through raging snowstorms, soaking deluges in coastal forests, and battering winds on exposed summits. It's the most durable jacket in Arc'teryx's Essentials collection, thanks to its Gore-Tex Pro 3-layer construction and strong face fabric.Cinching tightly to seal out the elements, the helmet-compatible StormHood features nifty Cohaesive adjusters that tighten with the simple push of a button, and the hood's laminated brim keeps moisture from dripping inside and obscuring your vision. Taller for additional coverage, the extended collar zips up nicely to keep out the elements, complete with a brushed lining for soft-wearing comfort. Plus, the fully articulated pattern of the jacket's cut ensures that you can move unrestricted through your most demanding pursuits.
- Durable shell for robust protection in severe weather
- Gore-Tex Pro 3-layer construction is waterproof and breathable
- Articulated patterning maximizes range of motion
- All external zippers are WaterTight for added moisture resistance
- High hand pockets don't interfere with harness or backpack
- Underarm vents make it easy to regulate temperature
- Helmet-compatible hood is adjustable for full protection
- Regular fit makes layering easy and opens range of motion
- Item #ARCZ97S
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro (3-layer), [face fabric] N80p-X (80D nylon), DWR treatment
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- fixed, helmet-compatible, adjustable
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered arm, [internal] 1 zippered chest, 1 mesh stash
- underarm zippered
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
September 26, 2017
Arcteryx Beta SV
- I've used it several times
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 160 lbs
I love this hard shell ! It’s kept me super dry in some pretty wet conditions and it’s also really good at keeping the drafts out. I put on base layers and I’m plenty warm. The sleeves are a little long and it’s kind of noisy when moving around but those are minor concerns. I fit a medium but purchased a large because I like to layer up and I thought the medium would be too tight. The large is a tad loose after all the layers but it’s not too bad. The hood is great because you can adjust to fit.