Why We Like The Atom LT Insulated Vest
We get our daily dose of core warmth from the superlight Arc'teryx Atom LT Insulated Vest. Its Coreloft insulation makes the Atom excellent for shoulder-season hiking, and we definitely appreciate its warmth when our ski jacket just isn't cutting it alone on winter's coldest days. Arc'teryx made the Atom's shell out of a durable Tyono fabric that has a DWR coating for water-resistant protection. Breathable, stretchy fleece makes the sides air-permeable and opens up our range of motion, while its compressible and packable design lets us toss it in our pack if the weather changes.
- Insulated vest ideal for anything active when it's cold
- Coreloft insulation stays warm when wet
- Stretchy fleece side panels wick moisture and breathe well
- DWR-treated shell sheds snowflakes and light moisture
- Multiple pockets zipper shut for secure storage
- No Slip Zip front zipper operates smoothly and reliably
- Item #ARCZ969
- [face fabric] Tyono 20D (100% nylon), DWR treatment
- Coreloft 60
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backpacking, casual, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, hiking, ice climbing, mountaineering, nordic classic, nordic skate, nordic touring
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
May 15, 2021
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 7"
- 160 lbs
Love the Atom vest. It looks great and it's comfy. Better yet, it uses primaloft form warmth, not feathers. Mine is made in Bangladesh.
December 27, 2020
Not slim fit
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 210 lbs
I ordered a large, which is exactly the same vest I ordered last year that fitted well. The new one is HUGE. I wonder if it was incorrectly labeled from a big-and-tall version. Needless to say, I was disappointed and initiated a return. I hope I get a full refund.
February 6, 2021
Not sure a change in sizing warrants a 2 star review... I'm 6'2 185 and the medium fits great. Also if you ordered from Backcountry then of course you'll get a full refund, I wouldn't steer people away from a great product just because it didn't fit you specifically.
December 9, 2020
Very comfortable vest!
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 170 lbs
Ordered the SL and LT. I am 5’10”, 170 pounds, 40” chest and 30” waist. Both of these vests are more slim fit which is ideal. That said the SL is more snug in the belly and is considerably lighter and more flimsy feeling. Between the 2 vests I do prefer the LT. Zippers, neck fleece, tougher material - just more substantial feeling but still light weight. Both vests serve a purpose but the LT I prefer.