Ames Insulated Jacket
From San Francisco to Chicago, then all the way to Boston and back again, the Arc'teryx Men's Ames Insulated Jacket provides unwavering style that's at home in just about any city you travel to. The Gore-Tex construction offers versatile protection that's windproof, waterproof, and breathable so you don't have to worry about saturating your wool sweaters or crispy, ironed button-down underneath. Additionally, the stowable hood and fully taped seams further safeguard you from whipping winds and sheets of rain, while the cozy Coreloft insulation not only assures lofted warmth, but transports moisture away from your core for a toasty, dry feel. The slim fit features an articulated construction with gusseted underarms that assure unimpeded mobility, which means it can come along on impromptu hikes outside the city when you need to decompress. And the hand and chest pockets keep necessities like your subway or boarding pass close at hand.
- A stylish and technical jacket for wet and cold weather in the city
- Gore-Tex shell provides waterproof, breathable protection
- Coreloft insulation offers breathable and comfortable warmth
- Gusseted underarms and articulated construction offer added mobility
- Hood easily tucks away when blue skies break through
- Hand and chest pockets keep everyday necessities close by
- Hem and cuffs are adjustable for a personalized fit
- Item #ARC00L1
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 188lbs
This jacket is all about the details. The pockets are plentiful and in the right places. It’s super low key if you are not a big branding person. The fit is perfect. Slim but still allows for layering. The only thing to keep in mind is that the collar is really high and stiff with the hood zipped in. I unzipped the hood full time which fixed the stiffness issue. The collar is still a bit high when the jacket is unzipped, you tend to notice the collar in your peripheral vision. Not a huge deal but worth noting.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
My brother got this recently and loves it. The fit is total Arc'teryx and it looks great in person. He especially likes how the cinch cord is on the interior and not at the hem. This way, you can cinch it tight for warmth, while still keeping the hem loose for a nice look. As for warmth, the insulation amount is comparable to the Atom LT, but is warmer when you consider the Gore-Tex.