Dapper style meets full-force functionality.
From San Francisco to Chicago, and then all the way to Boston and back again, the Arc'teryx Men's Ames Insulated Jacket provides unwavering style that's at home in just about any city you travel to. Not to mention, the Gore-Tex construction offers versatile protection that's windproof, waterproof, and breathable so you don't have to worry about saturating your wool sweaters or crispy, ironed button-down underneath. Additionally, the stowable hood and fully taped seams further safeguard you from whipping winds and sheets of rain, while the cozy Coreloft insulation not only assures lofted warmth, but transports moisture away from your core for a toasty, dry feel. The slim fit features gusseted arms and an articulated construction that assures unimpeded mobility, which means you can take it on impromptu hikes outside the city should you need to decompress. And, the myriad of pockets keep necessities like your train or boarding pass close at hand.
- A stylish, yet technical jacket for urban pursuits
- Fully taped seams and waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex shell
- Warm Coreloft synthetic insulation transports moisture quickly
- Slim fit with gusseted underarms and articulated construction
- Hood easily packs down and out of the way
- Myriad of pockets keep necessities close
- Hem and cuffs are adjustable for a personalized fit
- Item #ARC00L1
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
My brother got this recently and loves it. The fit is total Arc'teryx and it looks great in person. He especially likes how the cinch cord is on the interior and not at the hem. This way, you can cinch it tight for warmth, while still keeping the hem loose for a nice look. As for warmth, the insulation amount is comparable to the Atom LT, but is warmer when you consider the Gore-Tex.