Select a Size
Select a Color
Alpha AR Pant
From winter ascents in the North Cascades to technical ice routes in the Canadian Rockies, the Arc'teryx Women's Alpha AR Pant handles all of your tool-swinging and French-stepping needs. Being a member of Arc'teryx's Alpha line, this pant has an alpine-specific design geared towards ice climbing and general mountaineering. Utilizing a Gore-Tex Pro Shell, which is one of the best waterproof and breathable membranes available on the market, the Alpha AR provides reliable waterproof protection when you're confronted with unpredictable alpine weather and warming ice. The shell's fully taped micro-seams feature a low-profile design to minimize weight and bulk, which is especially valuable when you're moving fast or packing for a month-long expedition.
Arc'teryx is known for making simple and efficient pieces of clothing, and the Alpha AR is no exception. Full-length side zippers offer quick and generous ventilation when you need to dump excess heat on bury ascents, and the integrated waist belt and suspenders allow you to make quick adjustments to the fit. The articulated seat with e3D patterning makes wearing a harness more comfortable, while articulated knees and an inseam gusset promote mobility when climbing vertical ice or mixed routes. For versatility, Arc'teryx even equipped the pant with an internal LegWrap to prevent crampon snags when you're walking or climbing. Durability is a must for whatever piece of gear you take into the alpine, so Arc'teryx updated the Alpha AR pants with an even more durable face fabric than before and added super burly Keprotec instep patches to resist wear from crampons and ice shrapnel.
- Lightweight and hardwearing pant for climbing in the alpine
- Gore-Tex pro membrane is waterproof, durable, and breathable
- Micro-seam taping reduces bulk and weight, adds to weatherproofing
- Full length side zippers for easy on and off and rapid ventilation
- Articulated knees and seat with e3D patterning enhance mobility
- Pant cuff drawcord is adjustable to seal out snow and fit over boots
- Removable internal Leg Wrap reduces snags from crampons
- From Vancouver, Arc'teryx designs simple, less is more products
- Item #ARC00UC
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro (3 Layer), [face fabric] N100p-X (nylon), DWR treatment, [instep] Keprotec
- fully sealed
- 1 zippered thigh
- side zips
- integrated adjustable belt, removable suspenders
- Side Zips
- full length
- adjustable cuff drawcord, LegWrap
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- ice climbing, mountaineering, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 13, 2019
All Around Alpine Pants
Perfect all-around pants for lightweight, packable, and durable weather protection. The GORE-TEX Pro shell provides the protection you need in the alpine zone. These have a regular fit that's great for layering. I love the full zippers for easy on and off.