Select a Size
Select a Color
Alpha AR Jacket
The Arc'teryx Women's Alpha AR Jacket is a versatile, technical, all-round shell for any alpine pursuit where you need dependable protection. Its Gore-Tex Pro membrane guarantees waterproofing and high levels of breathability, while the lightweight face fabric and reinforced high-wear areas make the jacket ready to hold up to season after season of contact with rock, ice, and being stuffed into your pack.
Arc'teryx's e3D ergonomic design ensures a full range of movement and easy layering, letting you move unrestricted up alpine walls, frozen waterfalls, and steep skin tracks. If the weather turns particularly gusty, the StormHood fits nicely over your climbing helmet, and the adjustable hem seals out any cold air that's trying to infiltrate your layers.
All of the external zippers on the Alpha AR are WaterTight to prevent moisture from seeping through your pockets. The large hand pockets are strategically placed high on the jacket so as not to interfere with a backpack or harness waist belt, allowing you to easily access your essentials while on the move. If things get too toasty, large zippered underarm vents let you take control of your own temperature regulation so you can travel comfortably through the mountains.
- A technical, weather-proof jacket for alpine pursuits
- 3-layer Gore Tex Pro is waterproof, yet breathable
- Lightweight fabric has durable reinforcements in high-wear areas
- Helmet-compatible StormHood is fully adjustable
- Underarm zippered vents offer temperature regulation
- Adjustable cuffs and hem provide customizable protection
- All external zippers are WaterTight for maximum water-resistance
- Regular fit ensures easy layering and reliable movement
- Item #ARC00JQ
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro (3-layer), [face fabric] N40p-X (body), [reinforcements] N80p-X
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- [exterior] 2 zippered hand, [interior] 1 zippered chest
- underarm zips
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- climbing, mountaineering, hiking, backpacking, backcountry skiiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 23, 2019
Awesome jacket but... the pockets?
I have the Beta AR goreTex pro jacket and now I chose this one as a superior model. Both of them have the pockets placed high so as you don't have issues wearing a backpack or a harness... but, in this model the pockets nearer the center look cool, although it's impossible to place your hand inside it if it's cold outside... Found this a little funny. You have to cross your arms to use the left pocket for the right hand and viceversa. I returned it.
August 14, 2018
Alpha AR Jacket
View on body and details
July 30, 2016
Specs that separate this from the rest.
-Pit zippers for easy venting -Two high, crossover hand pockets with WaterTightâ¢ zips -Internal zippered pocket -Drop back hem -Cohaesiveâ¢ hem adjusters function as Hemlockâ¢ to prevent jacket from slipping out from under a climbing harness
July 30, 2016
Alpha AR details
-Laminated brim -Adjustable hood cinch cords -Tall collar for full coverage -Helmet compatible StormHoodâ¢ -Cohaesiveâ¢ hood adjustments for ease of use with mittens or gloves -Laminated chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort