Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Men's Technical Shell Jackets we have in stock.View Similar Products
Alpha AR Jacket
Arc'teryx equipped the Men's Alpha AR Jacket to cater to climbers and alpinists alike. Its fully taped, 3-layer Gore-Tex Pro shell ensures waterproof protection and breathable performance, yet the jacket itself manages to weigh in under a pound.
Just because the jacket is incredibly lightweight doesn't mean it's devoid of features that will enhance your experience in the harshest of conditions. Underarm vents allow you to take control of your temperature regulation while you're working hard in the mountains, while the helmet-compatible hood keeps you fully covered in case a storm blows in. The large hand pockets are situated high so as to not interfere with your harness or backpack's waistbelt, and the secure internal pocket is perfect for extra snacks or your phone. An athletic fit provides bulk-free comfort, and Arc'teryx's ergonomic patterning means that the jacket moves with you, allowing you to comfortably climb demanding ice pitches and set steep skin tracks.
- Lightweight jacket for vertical pursuits
- N40p-X 3-layer Gore Tex Pro is waterproof and breathable
- Helmet-compatible StormHood features easy adjustments
- WaterTight underarm zippered vents ensure temperature regulation
- Adjustable cuffs and hem provide customizable protection
- Ergonomic patterning offers unrestricted motion
- Regular fit makes for easy layering
- Item #ARC00KQ
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex Pro (3-Layer), [face fabric] N40r-X (40D nylon)
- fully sealed
- Center Back Length
- 30.7 in
- helmet compatible StormHood
- [external] 2 WaterTight zippered hand, [internal] 1 zippered chest
- WaterTight zippered underarm
- Claimed Weight
- 13.6 oz
- Recommended Use
- mountaineering, climbing, hiking, backpacking, skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
September 13, 2019
The Arc'teryx Alpha AR is a alpinists best friend. With Gore Pro membrane, pit zips and helmet compatible hood this jacket is designed with high output pursuits and inclement weather in mind. While the minimalist design and lightweight package ensure it won't weigh you down.
Flagged as inappropriate or irrelevant to the product. Click here to view.
July 17, 2017
I'm trying to decide between a size M and L for this jacket. I am about 6 ft 3, very lean and athletic build. 38 chest and 34 arms. I'm worried the M won't be long enough in the arms or torso. What would be the best choice?
July 17, 2017
Hey Iain - Based on your measurements, you would probably be best suited with the Arc'teryx Theta AR Jacket in Medium which is the longest in the AR line-up. I am 6'1" with a 39 inch chest and wear most regular and athletic Arc'teryx shells in Medium. Feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions. - Kyle L. - Expert Gearhead - firstname.lastname@example.org - 801-736-4337