The Best of All Worlds.
When tackling mountainous terrain, you can count on the Arc'teryx Men's Acrux SL Leather Approach Shoe to ensure precise footing and adaptive support, without feeling like you have lead weights attached to your feet. Touting that same minimalist and highly technical design you've come to know and love from Arc'teryx, the Acrux SL Leather Approach Shoe allows you to put your best foot forward with its seamless thermo-laminated upper and subtly aggressive outsole.
To differentiate itself from the rest of the Acrux SL line up, this shoe features a leather upper that is not only durable, lightweight, and hydrophobic, but also prevents pressure points and hot spots. The Adaptive Fit Liner consists of a non-removable, internal stretch liner that promotes ample breathability and surrounds the foot for a sock-like fit and feel. Additionally, the Ortholite footbed and EVA midsole deliver arch support, shock attenuation, and day-long comfort. The laminated heel and toe cap bolsters your defense against trail-side rocks or roots. A Y-Groove split heel is designed to improve your footing when trekking through loose terrain, which further advocates for the use of this shoe in diverse conditions. The Vibram Arc'teryx Light Approach sole features sticky climbing zone and smearing inserts for unimpeded grip, and the mountaineering heel tread to assure traction when you need it most.
- Precise design meets technical performance in this shoe
- Seamless upper is thermo-laminated for a pressure-free fit
- Leather is abrasion-resistant, lightweight, and water-resistant
- Adaptive Fit Liner breathes well and provides a sock-like feel
- Ortholite footbed delivers subtle arch support
- Cushioning midsole attenuates shock
- Laminated heel and toe caps bolster defense against rocks
- Vibram Arc'teryx Light Approach sole ensures traction and grip
- Item #ARC00NR
- Q & A
How does the breathability compare to the SL and SL GTX? Which one is it closer to?