Select style & size:Select options
Acrux AR GTX Mountaineering Boot
It's easy to get cold feet, literally and figuratively, when you're pressure breathing your way through the crux of a sketchy mixed pitch at 4,000 meters, but worrying about your toes is the last thing you want to do when complete focus is required. Arc'teryx's Acrux AR GTX Men's Mountaineering Boot is a seriously waterproof, light, and low-volume piece of alpine footwear that will keep your feet dry and help your head stay focused when things are getting serious a long way from anywhere.
Made to provide a sleek fit that won't bog you down, the Acrux is also drier than a desert thanks to multiple Gore-Tex laminates to keep snow, water, and ice out of your socks, without making your feet sweaty, either. The waterproof zippered gaiter is composed of a three-layer Gore-Tex membrane and treated with a TPU coating for supreme waterproofing, and the removable PE foam liner also has a full-height Gore-Tex membrane for ultimate protection in rugged weather. The liner is perforated to increase breathability, and it's designed to be worn alone as a camp bootie when you're shuffling around the hut or trying to keep your toes warm in your tent.
Inside the outer boot, a lace-up inner shell cinches down snugly over the removable liner to lock your foot comfortably in place, and a hook-and-loop strap closes over the ankle to prevent snow, ice, and spindrift from sneaking into your socks. Arc'teryx also built the Acrux with its tongueless Adaptive Fit design, which hugs your foot without pinching or causing pressure points. The carbon fiber and EVA foam midsole cushion your soles during long days in the alpine, and the TPU toe and heel caps protect your toes and make it easy to step into crampons.
- Modern mountaineering boot for ice, mixed, and alpine lines
- Zip-up gaiter laminated with Gore-Tex waterproofing
- Inner boot with removable liner that has another Gore-Tex membrane
- Adaptive Fit rids the inner boot of any tongue for a solid feel
- Carbon fiber and EVA midsole balances cushioning with stability
- Vibram AR sole with universal crampon compatibility
- Item #ARC00I4
- Upper Material
- [membrane/laminate] Gore-Tex (3-layer), TPU laminate
- Gore-Tex membrane
- Removable Liner
- yes, Gore-Tex laminate (3-layer), PE foam
- [inner boot] drawcord laces, [lace cover] zipper
- Adaptive Fit
- CM EVA, carbon fiber
- Vibram AR
- double boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- step-in, hybrid, strap-on
- Claimed Weight
- [size 9] 2 lb 1 oz
- Recommended Use
- alpine & expedition, ice climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?