Torin 4 Running Shoe
The Altra Torin 4 Running Shoe has been revamped to tackle the racecourse and your fast training road runs. It features a breathable performance mesh upper to keep the shoe light and fast while keeping your feet cool as you speed through the miles. In this latest version, Altra updated the midsole to its Quantic midsole that blends plush, responsive cushioning in a lightweight ride. Additionally, the strobel layer was removed to drop the stack height by 2mm to provide you with a close-to-road feel for a more connected run.
Altra is committed to smart designs and continued performance, which is why all of its shoes feature zero heel-to-toe drop to encourage a more natural and low-impact stride. Along with a zero drop, its shoes have a wider toe box, which allows your feet to relax and spread out for enhanced speed and stability. This gives you greater comfort and performance when you need to grind out your workouts. Additionally, FootPod and Innerflex technology in the outsole and midsole respectively work together to allow a natural foot flex through your strides. FootPod specifically works to map the motions of your bones and tendons, to really ensure that your foot is flexing where it wants to for a comfortable and natural ride.
- Speed oriented, nimble shoe for your races and fast road runs
- 0mm drop helps to encourage a low-impact and more natural stride
- Lightweight uppers are highly breathable for comfort on warm days
- FootShape toe box allows toes to naturally spread for stability
- Quantic midsole delivers a plush and responsive ride as you run
- Inner Flex grooves, FootPod soles enable natural flex in the stride
- Strategic decoupling on soles offer flexibility and a smooth ride
- Altra aims to eliminate common injuries with its smart designs
- Item #ATR005I
- Q & A
Raving Altra Fan
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 12
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 168lbs
In the last two months, I have become a raving Altra fan. I started with Lone Peak 4.0 which I will take on the El Camino de Santiago this fall. Recently I added the Torin for my paved road walking. The comfort level of the Altras is heavenly. The wide toe box is exceptional. I'm former marathoner who lived with New Balance and Brooks, but Altra is a quantum leap above the rest. As a side note, I am using a Currex medium arch insole.