Superior performance, yet again.
Forget about customer feedback falling on deaf ears: the designers at Altra heard you all loud and clear, and as a result, updated the Women's Superior 3.5 Trail Running Shoe. The Superior 3.5 touts not only more accurate sizing, for a more comfortable fit and feel, but also features a stronger, more durable upper to assure added longevity and structural support. Meaning, you're able to forget about that sloshy, washed out feeling that you might've incurred in the past. Additionally, the outsole now features a slight flare on the lateral side to provide better traction, stability, and braking. The EVA midsole, complete with A-Bound and InnerFlex technology, provides shock attenuation, energetic transitions, and a cush feel underfoot, while the TrailClaw outsole promotes rip and grip in all sorts of conditions. And, not to mention, the StoneGuard rock protection safeguards your foot from all sorts of trail-side obstacles, so you can focus on the objective at hand.
- Altra's popular Superior trail runner with an even burlier upper
- Reinforced upper increases shoe's ability to withstand wear
- Air mesh upper dries quickly after creek crossings and muddy trails
- 4-Point GaiterTrap technology keeps hitchhikers out of socks
- Toe box is designed to allow for natural toe splay
- DuraTread sole with TrailClaw clings to loose, rocky trails and scree
- Fully cushioned midsole with Zero Drop technology
- Item #ATR0044
- Q & A
Great Trail Running Shoes!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got the Lone Peaks a few years ago and love them. Didn't really like the new version of Lone Peaks and was referred to these. These fit similar to the old Lone Peaks. I train in these on the trail 3x a week and they are great. I would say the Lone peaks are more aggressive and the Superiors are the next step down. If you miss the old Lone Peak fit then I would say try these out!
I have loved every pair of Ultra's I have purchased. Although these pair feel a bit tighter then the last few pairs. They hurt just a little, but I'm confident that once I break them in they will be fine and comfortable.
Go to trail shoe.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I'm terrible about updating my running shoes, but I feel like with these I can get away with it. I wore my last pair of superiors until they basically became a road shoe - no tread left. I just received my new ones and they're just as good as I remember! The toe box is very roomy, and I love the zero drop. I'll keep buying these for years to come.