Over the years, "support" has too often meant "inches of cushioning", and not much else. But more and more, shoe companies are learning what makes your feet move and what they can do to keep them moving. Perhaps no one is doing this so well as Altra, and with the Provision 3.5 Running Shoe they give you the newest in a line of shoes designed to maximize performance for runners with overpronation, fallen arches, and weak feet.
The Provision 3.5 balances natural foot motion with innovative and dynamic support to keep your feet healthy and on the road. You've got a wide toe box that lets your foot relax and flex more naturally, along with a Zero Drop platform that encourages a natural and lower impact stride. In the midsole you've got soft A-Bound cushioning providing comfort and pop for a more energized stride. Stabilipod technology focuses on three stability-enhancing zones for support and resistance to pronation, while a built in sloped wedge helps give added protection from foot collapse.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Give yourself dynamic support with this intuitive road trainer
- Stabilipod technology targets problem areas for effective support
- Sloped wedge and Guidrail system help provent foot collapse
- A-Bound cushioning provides soft comfort and energy return
- Wide toe box and midsole technology let your foot flex naturally
- Zero Drop platform encourages a natural and healthier stride
- Mesh upper is redesigned for enhanced durability
- Item #ATR004I
- Q & A
Great everyday shoe
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 195lbs
These are great shoes for every day use. I have not used them to run, which is their intended use. However, I walk 7-15 miles per day on a concrete floor and my feet are never fatigued. They appear to breathe well, are light on the legs, and have ample cushion without wearing your feet down over the hours.
The only thing I don't like about them is they feel like there's a high arch; I don't always prefer arch support, so this is something to keep in mind when purchasing.
Definitely recommended, over all!