Olympus 3.5 Trail Running Shoe
Ready to go long on even the most rugged trails, the cushioned and high-performing Altra Olympus 3.5 Trail Running Shoe is now more durable than ever. It's been updated with a more durable fabric pattern in the upper, so you'll have no problem putting lots of hard miles on this shoe when you're charging up steep mountain trails and running through overgrown brush. Apart from the added toughness in the upper, this shoe stays largely the same as its predecessor. It still delivers lots of responsive cushioning to help you get through longer excursions on the trail, and features a grooved midsole design that turns up the flex factor to help your feet bound over roots and rocks more easily.
A shoe that's this prepared for rugged terrain wouldn't be much good if the outsole wasn't up to snuff, but luckily the Olympus 3.5 is boasting some of the best performance in the game with a Vibram Megagrip rubber compound, which grips the trail in both wet and dry conditions. The TrailClaw lug pattern helps provide traction at each and every toe-off, while a widened heel area delivers more stability for technical trails and tricky descents. The rest of the shoe features all the foot-forward design functions that you've come to love from Altra, including a wider toe box to help your toes splay out freely on constantly-changing terrain, as well as a Zero Drop platform that helps accommodate a healthy footfall and a natural running stride.
- Rugged running shoe that'll help you go long on tough trails
- Updated upper is stronger and more durable for upper-mountain slopes
- Lugged Vibram Megagrip outsole offers sturdy grip in all conditions
- Cushioned midsole delivers responsive energy return with each step
- Stabilizing heel and flexible midsole help you take on tricky trails
- Gaiter attachment points make it easy to keep out dirt and debris
- ZeroDrop platform promotes a natural and low-impact stride
- Wide toe box lets your toes splay naturally for a healthy stride
- Item #ATR005T