Get to Clanging That Cowbell.
What's light enough to get you up and over Heartbreak Hill, yet endowed with plenty of cushion and support to ensure that you're able to truck through 26.2 miles with relative ease? If you guessed the Altra Women's Escalante Running Shoe, then you already ran a marathon in a pair or you read ahead to this sentence—either way, you win. As the newest addition to the Altra lineup, the Escalante makes its case as a race day staple and daily driver thanks to its new, energetic midsole and Altra's dependable, foot-friendly silhouette.
To ensure that your toes and foot have room to move and splay, the Escalante is fashioned with Altra's iconic and famed FootShape toe box and Zero Drop Platform, which encourages a more natural, comfortable stride and prevents unnecessary stress on your muscles and joints. Additionally, the Escalante has an engineered mesh upper that promotes a sock-like fit, allowing you to focus on the miles rather than the hot spots your toes are amassing. More importantly, though, the Escalante is equipped with the ultra-responsive Altra Ego midsole, which offers an energetic ride and fast turnovers, making the Escalante ideal for tempo sessions, endurance training, and races.
- A running shoe built for quick turnovers and fast runs
- Breathable mesh upper prevents hot spots
- FootShape promotes the splay and natural movement of toes
- Decoupled heel bolsters smooth and fast transitions
- Altra Ego midsole is springy and attenuates shock
- FootPod outsole maintains dexterity and quick toe-offs
- Item #ATR003L