Escalante 2 Running Shoe
Minimalist running is all the rage nowadays, and while you're not ready to shed your shoes and go barefoot on the road, the Altra Escalante 2 Running Shoe will give you a comfortable barely-there feel that'll save you the hassle of digging pavement pebbles out of your heel. Back in its second iteration, the Escalante now features greater decoupling in the midsole to increase flex and keep your feet moving freely and naturally. To further the goal of helping you forget you've got shoes on, Altra has also added more perforations into the knit upper, so you'll have soothing and cooling airflow as you run in warm weather. And while you certainly like the idea of running all-natural, the comfortable heel lining and soft PU insole will help remind you how wonderful shoes are.
Of course, it wouldn't be much of a "barefoot running" experience if the shoe didn't have the minimalist chops to back it up, and thanks to Altra's foot-forward technology the Escalante certainly does. A wider toe box ensures that your toes can splay out naturally and without resistance for a smooth toe-off, while the Zero Drop platform leads you towards a healthy, more low-impact mid-foot strike. You've also got the FootPod outsole technology which maps the natural shape of the foot to help deliver a comfortable flex where you need it most. Plus, it's always nice to have a few strips of rubber striking the pavement instead of your own two feet.
- Minimalist road shoe that's big on flex and breathability
- Decoupled midsole increases flex for smoother transitions as you run
- Highly-perforated knit upper boosts your breathability on hot days
- Soft and responsive cushioning ensures a comfortable and snappy ride
- Wide toe box lets your feet splay naturally for a healthier stride
- Zero Drop design helps you run with a low-impact midfoot strike
- Heel liner and cushioned footbed bring comfort for miles and miles
- Item #ATR005H