Select style & size:Select options
Westgate 3 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season
The ALPS Mountaineering Westgate 3 Tent keeps you, your fellow trekkers, and all of your gear comfortable and organized when you're on multi-day adventures in the backcountry. When your trips last several days, you can't always predict the weather. That's why ALPS designed the Westgate with three poles to create a strong and sturdy framework to combat surprise storms that are a bit stronger than expected. Its weatherproof fly and factory sealed seams also keep out inclement weather to keep you and your gear dry. This fly securely buckles to the tent and is easily adjustable to keep the weather at bay. Two vestibules allow you to shelter your packs from the storm while internal mesh pockets and a gear loft help keep your small essentials close at hand.
- Freestanding tent that combats surprise storms on backpacking trips
- 3-pole design creates a strong and sturdy tent in inclement weather
- Easily adjustable fly offers weatherproof protection during storms
- Weatherproof fly features multiple vents to increase ventilation
- Mesh roof vents and zip mesh windows allow ventilation for comfort
- 2 doors allow easy entry and exit when you need to get up at night
- 2 vestibules store and keep your gear protected from the elements
- Mesh storage pockets and gear loft help keep your things organized
- Item #ALM005O
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
We have bigger car camping tents and smaller backpacking tents but we wanted something a little less expensive for last minute adventures that would hopefully hold up to a dog as well as keep us warm in the Vermont shoulder season. Well, this did all of that and then some. We were very impressed. The three person is a snug fit for two average adults and a 70 lb dog. But it kept us warm with no condensation and plenty of ventilation in the early November, 20-ish degrees Vermont camping. We woke up to a thick layer of frost on everything outside and felt none of it. Super easy and quick setup. The vestibules are huge so it does take a fair bit of space but we are really happy with the quality at such a great price. Alps comes thru again!
Great value in a tent!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I bought this early in 2019. It is my forth tent but I wanted something I could keep some gear inside of and vent really well on damp Northwest days/nights. This is a great tent. I have camped 11 times already in 2019. I had one day of downpouring rain and the rainfly kept the water out of the tent! There was one spot near the vestibule zipper where water appeared to soak into the fabric but it never went through it! I did add a tarp above it on one trip, Owls were nesting above and they are messy creatures!
Is the vestibule large and high enough to sit in a chair during a rainstorm? Measurements provided are too generic to determine. Thanks!
It may be a bit cramped but I think it would be possible.