Select style & size:Select options
Stabilization for rugged treks.
Stabilize and support yourself on rocky stretches of trail and steep inclines with the ALPS Mountaineering Explorer Trekking Pole. This classic trekking pole is crafted from 7075 aluminum for lightweight carrying and high-strength properties. The Tungsten Carbide tip aggressively digs into trail surfaces, while the large basket promotes balance across uneven ground. Its anti-shock system dissipates vibration on trails strewn with roots and loose rocks. It fits a large variety of users by extending from 26.75 to 53-inches. Includes one pole.
- Stabilization and support for rugged hikes
- 7075 aluminum for a lightweight feel and durability
- Adjustable design extends from 26.75 to 53-inches
- Anti-shock system absorbs fatiguing vibration
- Tungsten carbide tip digs into trail surfaces
- Large basket lends balance on the trail
- EVA foam handle with adjustable wrist strap
- Includes one pole
- Item #ALM002N
- Q & A
I had just lost my dependable black diamond trekking poles and thought I could get away with using these cheap poles as a replacement. Boy was I wrong. I would not take these into the mountains again if you paid me to.
I bought two and they both broke on day one of a multiday mission in the mountains.
1. the snow baskets both broke off, so I was left with spikes.
2. the aluminum isn't heat treated correctly and the shafts bend like noodles.
3. the poles do not stay locked in their position.
When you go to the mountains, you need gear that you can trust. I take minimal gear and it all has to work as it claims to. One's life literally depends on the equipment we take into the mountains.
I appreciate that backcountry lets me return these, however I do think that it calls into question their trustworthiness that they sell such terrible products as if they were dependable tools.
Nice trekking pole
Looking forward to trying this out!
This is just ONE POLE.
Great value...as nice as the ones I tried that were way more expensive.