Ready for the long haul.
Explore in well-equipped comfort with the ultra-capable ALPS Mountaineering Caldera 75 Backpack. With tons of smart design and organized cargo space, you can carry everything you need for a trip of reasonably epic proportions.
Lightweight dual aluminum stays and a fully padded harness system support, stabilize, and distribute the load for optimal carrying comfort, while an adjustable suspension makes the Caldera comfortable for people of different sizes. ALPS hooked the Caldera up with an extendable drawcord lid, a top pocket that converts to a hip pack for quick peak-pushes, and tons of compression straps to lock down your load, along with water bottle pockets and a hydration sleeve to keep you well-lubricated on the trail. There's also an internal divider and rain cover, and a big ol' sleeping bag pocket to help you when you're packing up.
- Spacious, comfortable, and feature-heavy pack for the backcountry
- Lightweight polyester offers tough durability
- Dual aluminum stays and padded harness creates a stable ride
- Adjustable suspension helps customize the carry system
- Included rain cover protects your gear out in the field
- Multiple compression straps cinch down the load
- Trekking pole attachments and gear loops free up your hands
- Multiple pockets stash maps, phones, headlamps, and snacks
- Item #ALM002X
- Q & A
Not sure it will last
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is a really good purchase for the price. I liked the design and compatibility of the backpack, didn't even expect that much. Unfortunately, one of the front buckles broke into two pieces before I even went on a trip, on the second day of the package arrival, while testing it out. I'm sure I didn't put a lot of pressure on it, but it seems the factory quality of the buckle itself is not very satisfying. I'm now planning to go on a hiking trip with it and I'm a bit scared nothing else gets broken :/