Select style & size:Select options
Sun Bear Chair
Get a good seat anywhere with the light, sturdy ALPS Mountaineering Sun Bear Chair. Its TechMesh fabric provides breathable comfort and dries quickly in the heat of summer, and its patented legs and powder-coated aluminum frame supports a whopping 400 pounds. All that comfort and strength folds up into a tidy carry bag for an anywhere seat with a view.
- Durable, lightweight TechMesh breathes for summertime comfort and dries quickly if it rains or you have beverage spillage
- Sturdy yet lightweight powder-coated aluminum frame has an ample 400-pound capacity, ensuring strong hold and support
- Patented legs add extra support and stability
- Comes with a convenient carry bag
- Item #ALM3093
- Q & A
Solid Camping Chair
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Given that I love taking a guitar with me on camping trips, I've always preferred camping chairs with no armrests. This one takes the cake. Super solid and sturdy. I've only had it for a couple months but I guarantee this chair will last me several years.
I wouldn't backpack with it, but it makes for the perfect car camping chair!
Sturdy but heavy
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Very sturdy chair, well made and looks like it can take years of abuse.
However, a bit bulkier and heavier than hoped if you are not particularly heavy set. Returned it for that reason.
Better than the average camp chair
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Why would you buy this chair, given the undeniable truth that folding chairs which look very much like this one are available everywhere for half the price?
1) It doesn't have arms, but is still designed to hold an adult comfortably. I really dislike arms on most folding chairs... they're flimsy afterthoughts whose only purpose is to hold my beverage, and they prevent me from playing a stringed instrument comfortably around the campfire. Losing the arms cuts down on bulk and weight, which has obvious benefit when you're camping. Seriously, it's really hard to find a ANY folding chair that doesn't have arms, much less a decent one. After a lot of research, this is the best option I found. It was between this and a tripod chair, and I'm glad I went this direction.
2) This chair is well built. The mesh seat will dry quickly and should be easy to clean. There are sturdy reinforcements at the anchor/wear points to prevent ripping. The back support is decent for a folding chair... and overall it feels stable and comfortable.
3) Legs and frame are made of aluminum, not steel. Did I mention it's light to carry?
Downsides? Well, it's kinda expensive for what it is, but I think I covered that above. On my last camping trip, I unpacked an old, cheap chair I've been using, only to find that it was broken. Now I'm out in the woods, hours from a store, with a broken chair. It's worth an extra $25 bucks to not repeat that experience.
Finally, be warned that this is not a recliner... it's a small, light chair. I weigh 225 lbs, and I find it comfortable, but on the small side. They say it supports 400 lbs, and I believe that... but if I was any bigger, I would go with a bigger seat.
What is the length,width and height of the ALPS Mountaineering Adventure Chair Black on sale for $29.97