Select style & size:Select options
For the flighty fish.
Tropical fish are beautiful and feisty, but holy heck, they spook easily. The Airflo Clear Tip Tropical Short Fly Line not only is clear at the tip, but the tip also floats. This is huge, as some of the more tricky fish can be turned off when the tip starts to drop. Airflo also gave this line a powerful weight-forward taper, and an extended rear taper that gives you better control, so you can work toward a flawless presentation.
- Floating fly line for tropical fishing
- Clear floating tip lays trap for flighty fish
- Weight-forward taper for power that translates to distance
- Extended rear taper for enhanced line control
- Functions best in warm environments
- Micro loops on both ends for easy attachment
- Item #ARF000D
- Q & A
Knots after casts - avoid!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased the Airflo Ridge Tropical WF#10 Floating Clear Tip W/ Yellow line to pursue easily spooked baby tarpon in Isla del Sabalo (Isla Arena) and Campeche, Mexico. The line does cast well. BUT for me the line continuousy knotted after one of five casts during my first two days. If I were to hook a tarpon, the guides on my rod would have been blown out. I stretched the line many times in the boat, but nothing I did made a difference. I switched back to my older Scientific Anglers Mastery Grand Slam line, which performed flawlessly. Thank you SA!