Our Top Hiking Footwear & Apparel For The Trail
Race Face Oval Cinch Boost Direct Mount Traction Chainring
Absolute Black is one of the leaders in the oval ring market because it leaves no stone—or crank, in this case—unturned. The Race Face Oval Cinch Boost Direct Mount Traction Chainring's very specialized application proves this assertion: its offset and direct-mount design work with a Cinch crank mounted on a Boost frame. This makes installation comically easy and lets you get straight to the chainring's raison d'être, which is reducing the dead spot in your pedal stroke to reanimate lost watts.
By reducing that dead spot, Oval Traction Chainrings boost traction by essentially spreading the power input load more evenly across the pedal stroke. Keeping power constant lets your tire exert a steady force on the trail, so there are fewer instances of slipping out in wet or mucky conditions. The ring shape also spreads the work your body is doing more evenly across the different muscle groups involved, which means less strain on your biological machine, too.
- An innovative chainring that increases traction in muck
- Oval profile generates more consistent power and traction
- Compatible with Race Face Cinch crank arms and Boost frames
- Item #ABC0009
- 7075 Txxx aluminum, [finish] type II anodizing
- Number of Rings
- 26 t, 28 t, 30 t, 32 t, 34 t
- Compatible Components
- Race Face Cinch, RF Next SL, RF SIXC, RF Turbine, RF Atlas, SRAM Eagle 12-speed
- Recommended Use
- mountain bike
- Manufacturer Warranty