Winterize your feet.
Like investing in proper tires come winter, the Salomon Men's X Ultra Mid 2 Spikes GTX Winter Boot keeps you steady and in control even when the trail to your 14 footer is covered in snow and ice. The rubber soles are designed specifically for winter use, with deep lugs and nine carbide-tipped metal spikes for superior traction against the perils of Jack Frost. The Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry tromping through deep snow, but won't trap water vapor inside if your foot overheats, while rugged textiles and leather endure sharp rocks and ice.
Salomon's OrthoLite technology graces the footbed and sockliner, providing cushioning and moisture management, because although its cold outside, your feet do heat up as you hike. The EVA midsole offers efficient response, so your dogs aren't barking before you've reached that glorious winter view, and it works with all layers to reduce fatigue. An advanced chassis rests between the outsole and midsole, assisting with motion control, energy management, and push—creating an efficient, stable, and responsive ride as you head to the next peak.
- Rugged hiking boots for conquering winter roads on foot
- Gore-Tex membrane offers breathable, waterproof performance
- Durable uppers endure winter wear and rough trails
- Winterized lugs and metal spikes offer robust grip on snow and ice
- OrthoLite footbed and sockliner provide breathable comfort
- Lightweight chassis between out and midsole maximizes response
- Ankle support and lace closure provide a performance fit
- Item #SAL01AN
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 200lbs
I got these boots for my dad who is always outside for his work. He loves these boots. They have metal spikes on the bottom for traction. They keep his feet warm and dry even when trudging through the snow. Says that they are super comfortable and fit like a shoe and aren't super bulky like other winter boots.