Sometimes hiking is about getting up, checking the view, and getting back down before the storm hits. When that's the plan, the Salomon X Ultra 3 Women's Hiking Shoe is the shoe you want. At 11 ounces, it won't slow you down, but it doesn't sacrifice comfort, grip, or durability to keep things light.
The Contagrip sole is plenty burly, while the EVA midsole and footbed provide all the cushioning you'll need to handle rough and rocky trails. Salomon's Advanced Chassis serves up plenty of stability and the Sensifit construction and Ortholite liner cradle your foot in a supportive and loving embrace. New for the X Ultra 3, Salomon added its Descent Control technology, which offers added grip and confidence on technical descents.
- Lightweight hiking shoe for technical trails
- Heel and toe cap protect from rocks
- Sensifit wraps foot for secure fit
- Women-specific design is anatomically shaped
- Stiff chassis offers lateral support
- EVA midsole and footbed provide all-day comfort
- Descent Control technology enhances traction on tough descents
- Item #SAL016L
- Q & A
In the specs it says it has Gore-Tex for waterproofing but in the description I didn’t think this was the gtx version just the ultra x 3. Can you clarify please.