Get out and go.
Designed to handle any terrain in any condition, the Salomon Women's X Ultra 3 GTX Hiking Shoe helps you get out and stay out. Gore-Tex's Performance Comfort membrane guarantees waterproof, breathable protection for year-round climates, and the SensiFit upper cradles your foot for a stable, precise, and snug fit. An OrthoLite sockliner and two layers of EVA give plenty of cush for days spent maneuvering over rock-strewn trails. Underfoot, the X Ultra 3 GTX features Salomon's Advanced Chassis midsole for the stability, foot control, and protection necessary to handle harrowing descents. Then, a protective rubber toe cap protects your foot from rocks, while the mud guard keeps the boot clean after wet-weather excursions. Rounding things out, a non-marking ContaGrip rubber helps the sole stick to just about any surface that you'll find outside.
- Hiking shoe designed to efficiently tackle technical hikes
- Gore-Tex membrane offers waterproof, breathable protection
- Quicklace ensures you secure a snug fit in seconds
- Sensifit and Advanced Chassis stabilizes and supports your foot
- OrthoLite sockliner and EVA footbed cushion over rocky terrain
- Toe cap and mud guard defend against debris and dirt, respectively
- Non-marking rubber outsole grips slick rocks and muddy trails
- Item #SAL016H
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
After being unable to find the X-Ultra 2 GTX (which I have since found) I broke down & ordered the 3 version thinking it was the same shoe. It is not. I have been wearing the 2 for several years without issue. Perfect fit comfortable all-terrain hiking/running shoe. LOVE IT! The 3 came in the same size I've been wearing in the 2 & I could barely get my foot in it. Markedly narrower than the 2. I noticed that the 2 was made in Vietnam. The 3 in India. The difficulty I am having finding the 2 in my size leads me to think Salomon is discontinuing it. Bad move. Unless Salomon can get the new manufacturer in India to construct the 3 to the same parameters as the 2 I guess I'll be looking for another shoe that hopefully works as well.