Like father, like son.
When the family is headed out on a hike, you put him in the Boys' Salmon XA Pro 3D Climashield Waterproof Hiking Shoe. Modeled after the iconic adult version, this shoe features everything you love about the original, but in a smaller, more hiking oriented package. While he might not be looking for a quick pace, the kid-friendly flex and lightweight design means he can certainly keep up if he chooses to. A waterproof membrane keeps his feet dry when the trail gets muddy, high traction soles grip rocky, uneven trails with ease, and the simple to lace Sensifit system cradles his foot with a secure, customized fit—just like dad's.
- Lightweight hiking shoes for family adventures on the trail
- Waterproof uppers keep his feet warm and dry on wet days
- Molded midsole offers lightweight cushioning and stability
- High traction outsole grips uneven terrain as he explores
- Anti-odor treatment keeps mudroom smells to a minimum
- Lace system offers quick and easy one hand adjustment
- Item #SAL00XC
- Q & A
Stands up to a 7 year old
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 125lbs
Salomon is the only shoe brand that we buy for our active 7 year old - they seem to last longer than competitors shoes, which fall apart after a couple of months. My son loves the bright colors, and prefers these over flip flops or crocs, so they get a lot of use.
Perfect Shoe For Adventurous Kids
As a Salomon employee, this is a staple in every employee's closet. From hiking, trail running, to walking around town, the XA Pro 3D is a great shoe. This shoe is great for active kids, who are always playing outside. My nephew wears his as his every day, play outside shoe. For more info check out the below video.