Select style & size:Select options
An easy decision to make.
The Patagonia Fly Fishing Vest Front Sling takes the best of a fishing vest and blends it with prime features of sling packs so you don't have to choose between a vest or sling. A row of vertical pockets gives you the best of the vest, while a large storage pocket sings the praises of the sling.
Light and breathable, the body of this sling-vest is made from 210D polyester 3-D spacer mesh. Small pockets hold small gear, and the back zipper closer guards the entrance to the large pocket, where you can stash lunch, a fly box, and a compressible, ultralight raincoat. An internal security pouch offers waterproof storage for your car keys and phone, while other internal organizers keep tippet spools safe. A bottom water bottle holder prevents you from going dry in the middle of a body of water. With a simple swing, you can change what faces forward, be it the vest side or the sling side. Either way, the Vest Front Sling provides great gear storage on your body for a full day of fly-fishing fun.
- Cross between a vest and a sling pack for fly fishing
- Large main pocket stows jacket, fly boxes, and lunch
- Multiple smaller pockets keep your fishing gear organized
- Utility keep provides secure point to attach nippers and more
- Waterproof welded pocket protects phone and other essentials
- Rear pod can swing to front for easy access
- Item #PAT02H8
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This bag is great for my fly fishing needs. There are a ton of pockets, waterproof pouch, and it's extremely useful. My only complaint is that it's a bit big for a small person like myself (5'1" and 115 lbs). I have a hard time getting the buckles to fit me and sometimes find that the bag still slides off of my shoulders.