Style meets sustainability and performance.
Bring swimsuit style to the lineup with the Patagonia Women's R1 Lite Yulex Spring Juanita Wetsuit. It's styled like a one-piece swimsuit, but it's equipped with wetsuit performance to ensure you stay warm and mobile on your surfboard. Plus, its eco-conscious construction ensures it's easier on the environment, which is something all surfers should be able to get behind.
The unfortunate reality is most surfers rely on petroleum-based, energy-intensive neoprene to keep them warm in the water. Patagonia aims to change all that with its Yulex rubber construction. Yulex rubber is sourced from plantations in the Guatemalan highlands that have been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance. This means that the rubber was harvested in a way that doesn't contribute to deforestation, and that production practices are managed in a way that doesn't compromise the ecological integrity of the forest. In addition to environmental concerns, certification ensures that the long-term social and economic well-being of forest workers and communities are maintained. Of course, none of this means anything if the quality isn't up to par, which is why each suit has been developed and tested to meet Patagonia's rigorous standards for performance, durability, and warmth.
- Performance, neoprene-free spring suit for comfort that's green
- Yulex rubber is like neoprene without the environmental damage
- Suit keeps you warm in waters ranging from 65-75F
- Vertical center-front zipper entry is easy to use
- Flatlock seam construction bolster comfort and durability
- Item #PAT02G7
- Q & A
Not sure about the 1 star below, I love
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 6
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 108lbs
(1) I haven't tried it in the ocean yet, but in the pool, the suit is nice and warm and cuts through the water well. My pool is pretty cold, and I was dreading swimming since I'd shiver through the workout. This solved it perfectly, and I was very happy I bought it!
(2) It's SUPER flattering. It looks like more like a really nice designer 1-piece than a wetsuit. The cut is great. A bit tight, but that's to be expected from a wetsuit. The zipper helps you shimmy out of it. I tried the Spring Jane by Patagonia and could not get that on.
(3) SIZE UP. A LOT. I'm 5'3", 108lb, usually a 0 (a 2 or 4 in Lululemon). I ordered a 4 and it was a bit tight in the shoulders (fine in the hips). Sized up to a 6.
Ive loved Patagonia for years but...
- Size Bought: Not a 12
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 160lbs
Why does Patagonia only produce all of there wet suits to a size 10? Why not make size 12? This is a standard size.