Select style & size:Select options
Wall Rider MIPS Climbing Helmet
- Mammut's first climbing helmet with MIPS technology
- MIPS reduces rotational impact from angled crashes
- EPP core with partial hard shell for hybrid protection
- Large ventilation openings for good air circulation
- Multi-adjustment system ensures a secure fit
- Two clips on front fixate headlamps
- Item #MAM01CK
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This fits snug, it's slim and light, which is awesome because who likes a helmet that is clunky and heavy. It has MIPS which is a huge plus. It's worth getting this one over others for when a boulder falls on your head and you want your helmet to absorb as much of the force as possible.
Why it's not in other helmets?
Just received this the other day so I have not used it but as soon as I saw there was a MIPS climbing helmet, I had to get it. I use MIPS in my bike and ski helmets and in a bike crash this summer I feel the technology definitely helped in a hard fall and hit on the side of my helmet. Other than a bit of a sore neck (whiplash) and shoulder after the crash my head was protected and could feel the side forces absorbed by the MIPS system. So figured why not in a climbing helmet. I found out the Mammut Wall Rider is the first and only MIPS. That said the helmet is super light. adjustable and I got the straps right after some effort, it's incredibly comfortable that I'll wear it all the time.
Mammut Wall Rider MIPS
Reduce the impact.