Nordwand HS Flex Hooded Jacket
- Performance hardshell made for ice climbing and mountaineering
- Gore-Tex 3-layer construction is waterproof, breathable, and light
- Gore-Tex Stretch underarms allow freedom of movement on the climb
- Vertical Motion Construction is articulated specifically for alpine
- High Reach Technology keeps hem underneath harnesses at all times
- Single Pull-Hood is storm-proof and helmet-compatible
- Gusseted collar with laser-cut ventilation openings
- High Visibility Backer Technology for high visibility in high altitudes
- Item #MAM017L
- Q & A
Where Is The Jacket??
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 155lbs
This jacket really surprised me! It felt like I was putting on some futuristic gear, it is such a cool jacket. When you slip on the jacket, you don't notice the jacket is on you because of how lightweight and flexible it is. It definitely sits close to the skin, but it feels like it's a part of you. The jacket moves where you move. The bi-elastic GORE-TEX under the arms and around the back has such great mobility. I do say there might be a day or two for a break-in period for that material to form to you and the zippers to slide with ease. Though hardly a complaint, this jacket is seriously amazing!