Need for speed.
Mammut's Lithium Speed 20 Backpack is an all-around mountain player, as long as the trail run, multi-pitch climb, or hike is a fast one. Its Contact Vent system pairs a well-ventilated, cushy back panel with padded shoulder straps and waist belt to ensure comfort on the ascent. The Lithium Speed is hydration-compatible so you can keep your reservoir accessible, and it carries your trekking pole when the ascent gets steep or even vertical. There are plenty of pockets, large and small, to organize your valuables, topo information, and lunch intelligently, so you can skip the rummaging and get back to the trail faster.
- Lightweight pack for speedy pursuits
- Contact Vent suspension increases airflow
- EVA shoulder straps for comfortable carriage
- Hydration-compatible to keep water on-hand
- Trekking pole attachment for hands-free hiking
- Side straps compress the load when under-filled
- Item #MAM012L
- Q & A
Great if it fits your back
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
There's a lot to like about this pack: the packbag is about the right size for day adventures, the shoulder straps are comfortable, the build quality is very good, the pockets are functional, and it's very light. The reason I returned it was the bottom of the back panel is somewhat convex downward and a bit stiff, causing it to dig into my lower back/coccyx area. My back curves quite a bit, so what didn't fit me may not be a problem for you. I have several Mammut pieces and none disappoint; unfortunately, this one didn't work for me.