Put in the work.
Traveling across glaciers or up long alpine climbs demands breathability, toughness, and serious mobility, which just so happen to be the calling cards of the Mammut Eisfeld Light SO Men's Pant. Made of Schoeller DrySkin, a stretchy and highly breathable softshell, the Eisfeld keeps you comfortable in terrain that would have most people shaking in their boots, and it has an athletic cut for smooth hiking, high stepping, and skiing.
Reinforced panels at the knee and lower leg provide an extra shot of durability, while the flat harness-friendly waistband and thoughtful pockets serve up under-harness comfort and convenient stash spots, respectively. Mammut even treated the fabric with ColdBlack, a heat-reflective technology that helps even dark colors stay cool in sunlight, so you don't worry about how much you're sweating when you should be focused on climbing the next pitch or traversing a sketchy section of glacier ice.
- Technical softshells for days in the alpine
- Schoeller fabric stretches to move with you
- Water-resistant treatment keeps you dry
- ColdBlack treatment keeps dark colors from heating up in the sun
- Reinforced knees and lower legs protect from crampons
- Wide waistband is easy to adjust depending on your layers
- Suspenders hold your pants up
- Pockets are easy to access with a harness on
- Item #MAM00XX
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 36 Short
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 205lbs
I bought these for a trip to Chamonix to climb Mont Blanc and they are a solid choice. They have a trimmer fit than is typical for more US-centric brands, but that was an advantage, they snag on less stuff. They have a silicone band at the heel which helps keep them from riding up. The integrated draw string is a nice addition as well and the lower zippered pockets work well.