Release your inner mountaineer.
Getting a morning tour in before work is the bread and butter of your winter soul. Keeping things light and simple is your mantra. The Mammut Men's Nordwand Advanced HS Hooded Jacket tends to agree, weighing in at less than a pound and trimming away the extra features that only weigh you down. Gore-Tex Pro is waterproof and breathable, so it keeps you dry whether the snow is falling or you're doing double time to the top. Underarm vents let you dump anything extra during your ascent, and if you've decided to incorporate a climb into your routine, this shell is designed to function smoothly with one equipped. Kick-turns and pole plants are performed with ease thanks to Mammut's mobility technology, making your every movement a breeze, and should that breeze turn chilly, cinch your hood and hem against the winter wind.
- Technical shell for backcountry tours and mountaineering
- Gore-Tex Pro provides waterproof, breathable protection
- Vertical Motion and High Reach Technology for mobility
- Underarm ventilation for dumping heat during activity
- Climbing harness-compatible front pockets for easy access
- Drawstring hem and hood keep the chill from sneaking in
- Hook-and-loop closure cuffs are glove compatible for cold trips
- Athletic fit cuts down on bulk and fits over midlayers
- Item #MAM00VJ
- Q & A
awesome jacket but ...
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: small
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 150lbs
I loved this jacket and especially the liner construction which you dont see in tech shells very often. However, while the jacket fits overall pretty well, be aware that it is very thin in the mid-section. I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and the small is quite tight around my waist and around the but. Not much room for any under layers, should you need them
Mammut's Done it Again
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 160lbs
I have several shells that I use throughout the season dependent on what I am doing and I have to say, this is my personal favorite for skiing.
On windy days, when I put this on, it was like the wind was no longer there and yet I didn't notice it on the downhill at all. It didn't have the garbage bag crunch feel to it and moved really well with me for the ascent and descent.
Obviously the jacket was fully waterproof and I never broke a sweat wearing it while touring up, so the breath ability is also something to note!