Like energy gels, but for your feet.
The old adage is true: keep the Mammut Women's T Aenergy High GTX Boot close, and keep your energy bars closer. As your body becomes more and more fatigued at higher and higher elevations, those energy bars seem to dull the aches and pains while you give your lungs a chance to catch up, but you'll notice that your feet are ready for a few more miles. That's because this boot was built for the most demanding trails, with Mammut's Rolling Concept for a cushy, casual stride over rocks and around tree roots. Gore-Tex Performance Comfort amplifies this waterproof membrane's breathability for performance-driven comfort, and Vibram's rubber comes with a Scale tread for extra traction on slippery surfaces.
- Robust backpacking boot developed for demanding hikes
- Waterproof Gore-Tex Performance Comfort with enhanced breathability
- TPU hybrid shell with massive mesh paneling for support and venting
- Memory foam panels give a custom fit around the ankle and instep
- Base Fit lacing system lets you customize the cuffs rigidity
- Rolling Concept with foam for a cushy, flexible feel
- Vibram Scale sole with tacky traction similar to pangolin scales
- Item #MAM00SN
- Q & A
I love them.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These boots are amazing. They had virtually no break-in time and were honest to size. I wear a size 9 in pretty much any shoe, and these were no exception.
I wore them on a few short walks before taking them on a 15 mile strenuous hike in Montana, and my feet didn't bother me once. No blisters, no rubbing, no discomfort, no hot feet. We went through a stream and the water beaded up and rolled off. It rained several times on the hike and my feet never became wet. The traction of the soles was amazing as well, even on slick rocks.
Also, as someone who is notorious for matching everything in my wardrobe, these are really stylish as far as hiking boots go. I got a lot of compliments on the way they look, which might not be the most important factor, but is a nice added bonus to shoes that are already so great.