For the most demanding approaches.
Sometimes the approach is harder than the climb, making the Mammut Women's Ayako Low GTX Approach Shoe more essential than your actual climbing shoes. This sturdy approach shoe features a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort for the approaches that are difficult due to muddy terrain, splashed puddles, or even unexpected rainstorms. If the terrain itself is demanding, instead of wet weather, then Vibram's rubber sole and Mammut's triple-layer midsole keeps you moving confidently and comfortably, so much so that slipping into climbing shoes becomes more begrudged.
- Sturdy approach shoe with phenomenal protection for rugged terrain
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort fends off weather, mud, and puddles
- Liquid Rubber reinforces leather upper from abrasion and wear
- Memory foam inserts enhance fit at ankle, shin, and instep
- Damping element made from three different densities underfoot
- Vibram rubber sole with sharp lugs for reliable traction
- Item #MAM00SL
- Q & A
It could have backfired, but I wore these fresh out of the box up a nearly 4000 vert, 7 mile hike, and they worked great. I did add my own insoles. They are not a light-weight flexible hiker, but it was perfect for the steep and rocky stuff. I have narrow narrow feet, and they fit to size.