Select style & size:Select options
Ultralight avy protection.
When every ounce counts, load up the Mammut Ultralight Removable Airbag 3.0 and move quickly through the backcountry with minimal weight slowing you down. Designed for the "light is right" crowd, this ultralight pack weighs just over a pound stripped down and right over four pounds with the airbag and canister in there—yeah, it's that light. The removable airbag gives you the option to save some serious weight when you're planning on doing some low-angle meadow skipping, or to wear the pack in the resort, without having to worry about accidentally deploying the airbag when you go to get off the lift. The pack utilizes Mammut's compressed gas deployment system (canister not included) for reliable and near-instantaneous inflation of the bright orange airbag. As you might expect, this pack has a minimalist design, but it does feature diagonal ski carry straps, ice axe loops, and hydration-compatible sleeve (reservoir not included).
Please note that this system does not include the Refillable Compressed Air Cartridge, which is available separately (MAM0939). And please remember, this airbag system is NOT a guarantee that you will survive an avalanche; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there.
- An ultralight avalanche airbag for alpine touring
- Removable Airbag System 3.0 with height-adjustable handle
- Compressed gas deployment system (canister not included)
- Back panel access with diagonal ski carry straps
- Hydration sleeve grants quick access to water on the skintrack
- Removable back panel doubles as a chair
- Gear loops secure ice axes or ski poles
- Item #MAM00P8
- Q & A
lightweight airbag with small lacks
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
+ really ultra lightweight backpack
+ good fit
- very thin outer sheath material: holes appeared when I skiing on my backs along an icy-rocky slope, but RipStop prevents the spread of damage
- take care of fixing your snb yourself (in favour of the manufacturer: "no snb carry" is indicated in the description)
- zipper has one puller only !!!
- Hydration Compatible but don`t have hook-loop for hanging water pack inside!!!
+/- steel balloon protrudes just a little outside. I recommend using a European carbon cylinder cartridge for a total light win
Does the old ras sytem fit into this pack or is it only ras 3.0 compatible.