Commute like the climber you are.
Black Diamond's Creek Mandate 28 Backpack is a carry-on-friendly commute and travel bag that mirrors a high-quality climbing bag. The most obvious similarity is the full zippered back panel for ease of access, allowing you to get to everything you packed without digging around blindly. Additionally, the durable, treated shell sheds moisture . Despite these similarities to outdoor packs, the Creek Mandate still contains all of the features you would expect from an exceptional travel pack. It has exterior laptop access for convenience on the go, haul loops on the top and side for getting through the airport, and an easy access passport pocket.
- Commuter pack inspired by Black Diamond's climbing backpacks
- 28L is the largest commuter in Black Diamond's Transit collection
- Zippered back panel provides ease of access
- Padded sleeve protects 17-inch laptops
- Carry how you want with haul loops on top and side
- Removable webbing hip belt for comfort and versatility
- Item #BLD00U4
- Q & A
Perfect travel bag w/size & organization
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've used this bag extensively for traveling internationally and domestically for work and vacation. I use as my only carry on and as a supplement to a small roller bag. It can also work well around town if you need a single pack to go with you all day.
I really like how the pack lays flat when you are packing, making it easy to layout all your clothes to avoid wrinkling clothes. All of the pockets make it easy to stash items in an organized, but easy to use fashion. It doesn't have a water bottle holder which can be a bummer in the morning when you're running around with a coffee. Otherwise I'm stoked on this pack.
A few features not called out above:
These really make the pack that much nicer to use.
*Side Zip Pocket - separate from main compartment. Perfect for quick access to a jacket, dirty clothes or climbing shoes.
* Top Pocket - has a an inner zipped compartment that is fleece lined for sunglasses / small electronics
*Small Pocket - in back panel is for passports or other secure, but quick item storage
*Mesh Pockets in Main Compartment - great for stowing extra cords or small accessories
Does this have a luggage pass through? To put it over the handle of a rolling suitcase?