Precision is the name of the game.
Sequential cruxes demand perfection. Your fingertips have to be perfectly aligned if they're going to grip the hold, in the same way that the Black Diamond Men's Focus Climbing Shoe's rubber needs to be perfectly aligned along the microscopic edge if you want to stay standing. Black Diamond designed this aggressive shoe for this kind of perfect precision, with a slight downturn that edges and grips on vertical to gently-overhung problems and routes. Medial and lateral stabilizer rands keep your foot solid when you're edging, and the single-molded NeoFriction rubber sole won't peel away in the same way that standard climbing shoes do. Black Diamond coupled the leather upper with a odor-reducing hemp liner and a knit tongue for amplified ventilation.
- Slightly downturned climbing shoe for technical routes and problems
- Aggressive curvature suitable for highly difficult grades
- Single-molded NeoFriction Force rubber designed for edging
- Leather upper stretches to conform to your foot shape
- Hemp lining helps with breathability and odor reduction
- Engineered Knit Technology tongue enhances ventilation
- Item #BLD00QV
- Q & A
Can you compare this to the La Sportiva Katana Lace?