First ascents for breakfast.
Being cold zaps your energy quicker than you can say dawn patrol. Black Diamond designed the First Light Jacket for frigid alpine starts and teeth-chattering transitions, but you'll be rocking it on knife-edge ridges and cozy yurt trips too.
PrimaLoft Silver Active makes this BD's most breathable insulation option, dumping excess heat during high-output ascents. Light enough to please weight-conscious alpinists and compressible enough to fold into itself and clip to your harness, the First Light is a no-brainer to accompany you on your next big objective.
- Lightweight insulation for big days in the mountains
- Water-resistant fabric keeps you dry when the weather rolls in
- PrimaLoft Silver Active breathes during high-output activities
- Lightweight stretch fabric maintains a high range of motion
- Stows in internal chest pocket and clips to your harness
- Black Diamond has been developing high-quality climbing and ski gear since 1957
- Item #BLD00O9
- Q & A
So comfy I could sleep in it
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165lbs
Just got this and really liking the function and form. The jacket fits great (The sleeves are on the long side, but that's good for me), the insulation without bulk is amazing and the articulation from the stretch is perfect.