Select a Size
Select a Color
Wolvhammer MTN Shoe
Built for fatbiking in extreme winter conditions, the Wolvhammer MTN Shoe from 45NRTH keeps your feet warm and dry while providing efficient power transfer to your clipless pedals. Inspired by mountaineering boots, the Wolvhammer is designed to provide uncompromising protection from harsh winter elements with its durable construction and fully waterproof membrane. When our customers ask what the best option is for riding in temperatures ranging from 0 to 25-degrees, this boot is the be-all and end-all, seeing that it's designed by real riders that put in serious miles on their fatbikes in the frigid winter weather of 45NRTH's Minnesota headquarters.
The Wolvhammer uppers are constructed from a mix of full-grain leather and ballistic nylon with a fully waterproof membrane as well as 200g of PrimaLoft insulation in the lining. These materials work together to provide an extremely durable barrier that blocks out heavy, wet snow so your feet stay toasty and dry whether you're five minutes or five hours into your ride. 45NRTH gives these shoes a roomy toe box to promote comfort and air flow when used with heavy winter socks, and they also incorporate an Aerogel blanket into the footbed for extra insulation that maintains compatibility with custom insoles without sacrificing warmth. The closure is a Boa dial that provides a wide range of adjustment with an even tension across the foot, with an additional hook-and-loop strap for extra security.
Moving to the bottom of the shoe, the fiberglass-injected nylon sole provides a stiff platform for quick power transfer to the pedals along with a high degree of impact resistance. The outsole is made of grippy rubber lugs that are infused with anti-slip microglass providing unwavering traction for those times when you have to hoof it in icy conditions. Lastly, it's worth mentioning the D-ring on top of the foot that serves as an attachment point for gaiters when navigating deep snow (pairs perfectly with 45NRTH's Bergraven Gaiters).
- A cycling boot for fatbiking in extreme winter conditions
- Durable uppers with waterproof membrane ensure your feet stay dry
- 200g of PrimaLoft insulation keeps warmth in and the cold out
- Recommended for temps from 0 to 25-degrees Fahrenheit
- Roomy toe box promotes air flow and works well with winter socks
- Aerogel footbed adds insulation and works with custom insoles
- Anti-slip rubber lugs on outsole provide traction on icy surfaces
- Boa dial & strap provide secure fit with even tension across the foot
- Item #NRH000H
- Upper Material
- full-grain leather, ballistic-grade nylon, waterproof membrane
- 200g PrimaLoft insulation
- Boa, hook-and-loop strap
- fiberglass-injected nylon
- rubber lugs infused with anti-slip microglass
- Cleat Compatibility
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 30, 2020
Worth the spend
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 205 lbs
These are pricey, no doubt. But if you want that solid feel on your pedals and/or you intend to clip in, these are worth it. Very warm, stiff sole, easy on/off. I also run the Dillinger 5 studded tires from 45 NRTH - everything they make seems to be of great quality. Would recommend.
December 30, 2019
Do you expect to have more sizes in stock soon? (Jan 2020?)