Select a Size
Select a Color
Wolfgar Winter Cycling Boot
With double the insulation of the esteemed Wolvhammer boot, the 45NRTH Wolfgar Winter Cycling Boot is made for fatbiking in fiercely cold temperatures, blocking harsh winter elements to keep your feet comfortable down to negative 25-degrees Fahrenheit. These are the warmest boots from the Minnesota based cold-weather cycling experts, designed for conditions many of us wouldn't even fathom riding in. But for year-round riders of northern latitudes, they're ideal for everything from snowy multi-day expeditions to groomed singletrack sessions when the only options are getting after it in subzero temperatures, or not getting out at all.
The key to the Wolfgar's extreme temperature rating is the double boot design consisting of a weatherproof outer boot to protect your feet from the elements paired with a removable liner boot for extra insulation. The liner boot is felted Merino wool that wicks moisture away from your feet while retaining its insulating properties. The outer boot is constructed from polyurethane and ballistic-grade Cordura nylon for superior durability, as well as a rubber toe cap that protects from rocks or roots hidden under the snow. A waterproof membrane keeps snow and water out, while 400g of PrimaLoft insulation keeps body heat in at a recommended temperature range of minus 25 to 10-degrees. 45NRTH puts additional Aerogel insulation under the foot and over the toe, a compression-resistant and waterproof insulator that prevents cold from transferring into the boot from your pedals or oncoming wind. The boots use a double-lace closure for independent fine tuning of the forefoot and ankle, with impact-resistant lace guides as well as a hook-and-loop strap to tighten the upper boot and keep the laces in place.
45NRTH employs a carbon fiber midsole on the Wolfgar, not only to keep weight down while providing a stiff and stable platform for putting power to the pedals, but also to prevent conductive heat loss under the foot. It's the same reason carbon brake levers are more comfortable in cold weather. Moving to the bottom of the boots, the 2-bolt compatible outsole uses Vibram rubber tread for improved grip while walking, and is compatible with 45NRTH's concave studs that claw into the ice when conditions are especially slick.
- A winter cycling boot for fatbiking in subzero temperatures
- Recommended for temps from -25 to 10-degrees Fahrenheit
- Sturdy uppers with waterproof membrane keep your feet warm & dry
- 400g of PrimaLoft insulation traps heat in and blocks out cold
- Merino wool liner boot adds extra insulation & wicks moisture away
- Aerogel insulation prevents cold from transferring up from pedals
- Carbon midsole adds stability while preventing conductive heat loss
- Vibram rubber outsole is compatible with 45NRTH concave studs
- Item #NRH000G
- Upper Material
- [main] polyurethane and 1680D Cordura ballistic nylon, [toe cap] molded rubber
- removable merino wool liner boot, 400g PrimaLoft insulation
- double lace with hook-and-look strap
- carbon fiber
- Vibram rubber
- Cleat Compatibility
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
February 26, 2020
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 164 lbs
Rode for over 45 miles on my fat tire on pavement and gravel, 30 degrees temps, outside over four hours, feet stayed warm! In fact over 40 degrees these bad boys would be too warm.