Ragnarok MTN Cycling Shoe
Whether you're pedaling through snow crusted singletrack on the cusp of early winter, or making your commute on a bitter morning with drenched roads, the 45NRTH Ragnarok MTN Shoe keeps your feet warm and dry in mild to moderate winter conditions. It's not an insulated fatbiking boot, though you could use them for fatbiking if you're wearing the appropriate kit. Instead, it's a performance cycling shoe that's highly weather-resistant, making your rides more enjoyable when it's cold and wet outside.
The Ragnarok uppers are constructed of a tough microfiber material paired with a neoprene ankle cuff to keep out the elements, and feature Tec Tuff reinforcements on the toe and heel that resist abrasion. A waterproof breathable membrane stops liquid from the outside, but allows vapor to be released from the inside. This ensures your feet stay comfortable during more intense efforts. Please note that despite having the waterproof membrane, the shoes themselves are not 100% waterproof as moisture could still slip in at the ankle. For extremely wet conditions, 45NRTH recommends covering the ankle with waterproof cycling pants for the best level of protection.
The uppers are joined to a reinforced nylon sole for efficient power transfer to the pedals, and feature a rubber outsole that's infused with microscopic glass fibers to increase traction on slippery surfaces. The closure system is a micro-adjustable Boa dial that makes it easy to find the perfect fit. Lastly, they are compatible with 2-bolt cleats only, and are recommended for temperatures as cold as 25-degrees Fahrenheit per 45NRTH.
- Performance cycling shoes for cold & wet conditions
- Windproof & highly water-resistant to keep feet warm & dry
- Neoprene ankle cuff lends extra protection from the elements
- Durable uppers with reinforced toe & heel are made to last
- Reinforced nylon sole provides efficient power transfer
- Outsole with micro-glass filaments finds grip on slick surfaces
- Micro-adjustable Boa closure for dialing in the perfect fit
- Compatible with toe spikes for an extra boost of traction
- Item #NRH000F
- Upper Material
- microfiber with waterproof breathable membrane, neoprene ankle, Tec Tuff toe & heel
- Boa IP1 dial
- fiberglass-injected nylon
- rubber with anti-slip micro-glass filament lugs
- Cleat Compatibility
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, cyclocross, mud/sand/snow, trail, commuting
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
October 30, 2019
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
Great fit. Good for 20°
December 12, 2018
45nrth Ragnarok Mtn Mens Shoe
- I've used it several times
I purchased this shoe as a fall mud/winter snow fat biking shoe. I know there are a lot of really nice full on winter boots for fat biking but I decided I wanted something that would be more versatile and that I could use in sloppy wet conditions as well as snow. I have not been disappointed. As a snow riding shoe the Ragnarok is amazing. It is fully waterproof, and has the neoprene is velcro top to seal the elements out of the shoe. They are also very warm and my feet have yet to get cold on 2 hour plus adventures. My brother rides with full on Lake winter boots and has a hard time clipping in and out of his pedals because the stiffness of the boot coming up so high on his ankle. The ragnarok is almost as easy to use clips as a summer riding shoe. These things are amazing, and comfortable and best of all, you can put studs on them!! I didn't even know this, but I ride with studded tires and you can easily forget that your standing on ice when you need to get off of the bike, so that fact alone makes this shoe go from great to amazing! very happy with the purchase and the quality 45nrth has rapidly become my go to brand for all things winter cycling!