- Detail Images
A high-mileage training shoe that's lean, mean, and just right for those who prefer to run without wearing socks.
ZOOT forged its reputation by designing top-tier gear for triathletes who race and train at the highest level. As a reflection of this, the Men's Kalani 3.0 Running Shoe is a high-mileage trainer with neutral cushioning and an affinity for moving fast across the pavement. An explosive midsole design accelerates you forward off your toes, a seamless interior plays nice with your foot if you decide to run without socks, and an asymmetric fit means that the laces and upper match your left and right foot specifically. This is a small detail to be sure, but one that can make a serious difference when your training run goes on for tens of miles. Serious athletes understand the value of having a rotating stable of shoes, and this is a shoe that can easily replace your race day runner when it's more important to rack up mileage than race for a podium spot.
- UltraFit upper and Teksheen technology give you the temperature regulation of a well-ventilated mesh upper and the performance benefit of a unique compressive design
- Asymmetrial fit matches the fit of your right and left foot specifically, adding to overall comfort and running efficiency over long running sessions
- BareFit construction (different from barefoot shoe design) uses seamless technology and a smooth, quick-drying liner to provide the most comfortable fit for runners who prefer to wear this shoe without socks
- 10mm heel-to-toe drop gives this shoe a more traditional offset designed to elevate your heel higher than your toe to promote a quick heel-to-toe roll and to support the heel-strike many runners want during high-mileage runs
- ZBound midsole is lighter than traditional midsole materials, yet it provides ample cushioning to reduce impact on the knee and ankle while it offers the rebound you need to push forward fast
- CarbonSpan+ forefoot construction uses carbon material to reduce weight at the toe of the shoe while improving acceleration and power at toe-off
- VPU sole is designed to achieve maximum traction on hard surfaces and in mixed or wet race conditions
Share your thoughts
Great road running shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Got this pair of shoes about a month and a half ago, have put a couple hundred miles on them. Love these suckers as road runners/trainers. Great cushion from heel to toe, very little drop and pretty light for a well cushioned shoe. The stretchy fit to size top of the shoe makes for a fantastic no-socks material, no rubs or chafing inside the shoe.
There is one caveat with these shoes: make sure you are running on flat ground. Thanks to the giving elastic material on top, there is ZERO upper foot support to keep you from rolling an ankle on trails or even slightly uneven gravel and pavement. Stick to the roads and sidewalks, and watch your step.