Right now, you're looking into the future—that's a fact.
There's no doubt that the Zeal Z3 Live Goggle is from the future. Just one of these features should should be enough to convince you: an integrated and digital heads-up display behind the lens, built-in GPS tracking, seamless smartphone integration to display notifications, photochromic tint that automatically adjusts to match light conditions, and a prime-quality lens handcrafted in Japan. This is the most high-end winter goggle ever offered by Zeal, and perhaps even the snow industry as a whole, hands-down.
- Recon MOD Live GPS system tracks speed, altitude, location, jump stats, temperature, and it integrates with the functionality of your smart phone
- Live Tech enables caller ID, text messages, buddy tracking, and mountain navigation from a heads-up display that you see in front of your eyes in 16:9 widescreen format
- Photochromic lens technology allows this lens to dynamically adjust the brightness of its tint to match the available light, so the lens tint is lighter on dark days and darker on bright days
- Polarized lens coating eliminates glare that reflects off snow, metal, and other shiny or wet surfaces
- Optimum Lens is Zeal's finest lens design, crafted from top-shelf materials and shaped to provide crystal-clear optics
- Lens design includes multiple vents and an anti-fog coating that keep your vision clear of moisture
- Over-the-glass lens shape allows you to wear this goggle over your prescription eyewear
- Impact-resistant frame flexes to absorb the hardest hits
- Dual strap system allows for plenty of adjustment so you can dial in the most comfortable fit
- Solid Stitch construction utilizes heavy-duty thread to increase the durability and longevity of the goggle strap
- A double-beaded layer of silicon keeps your goggle strap securely in place on a helmet or around a hat
- Zeal is proudly based in Boulder, Colorado in the United States
Terms And Conditions
Share your thoughts
Great for ski slopes
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
First and foremost let me say that my last pair of goggles were 10 year Oakleys with that said i purchased a Zeal Z3 Live Goggle - Polarized Photochromic as a toy since i figured i owed it to myself.
I read previous reviews and made sure to update both the goggle and the Iphone 4s with the latest software to avoid any problems on the slopes.
My goggle behaved well i got all the data that i needed and then some. I would like to point out that the image is not actually in front of you as you ski down the slopes you do have to glance down to view data. I had no problems doing that and one did not interfere with the other although at first i found it slightly weird, but i got used to it.
one of the features i absolutely loved about this goggle is the resort map feature. besides from exploring a new resort and knowing exactly where i am (since it shows my exact location) i can now track my friends through their Facebook accounts. I cant say how many times we lost each other in an instant and only to finally meet at the end of the day. This feature would also be great for families with kids as it will allow a parent to track their teens.
with that said i did have one problem :( i charged the goggle the day before and left it overnight without a charger. When i got to the mountain my goggle was only 1/4 charged and discharged in about 45-50 mins. i was a little disappointing and not being sure if it was my error or goggle malfunction i will not count it as a strike against the goggle.
i absolutely lowed the lens my eyes were not strained and i absolutely loved it. usually my old Oakleys did fog up a few times during the day but these goggles were absolutely perfect.
i do apologize for not correcting grammar and run ons but i am in a rush and just wanted to share my experience
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
First off, the optics are absolutely amazing. Undeniably the best pair of goggles I've got. Super crisp in a variety of lighting conditions -- absolute great depth of field. Not overly bright Or dark. Just right...
Sadly, though, the HUD and it's associated service are dreadful. The browser plug-in crashes with alarming frequency. The app doesn't stay paired to the phone -- literally everytime you use it, you need to pair the phone to the goggles. The clock doesn't stay set. I've as of yet been unable to upload any of my runs.
Save your dough, get a pair without the Recon Mod Live HUD disaster. And run Alpine Replay on your phone instead.
Why not video come on people get it...
Why not video come on people get it together
so this isn't an actual video of the glasses, but the promo they put together. so it should be pretty accurate.
can you listen to music too?
can you listen to music too?
the bluetooth connect to smart phones is for Caller ID, Text Messages, Buddy Tracking, Trail Maps & Navigation. no way to listen to music. bring your headphones.
Do these have a camera inbuilt or is it...
Do these have a camera inbuilt or is it just gps?
This specific goggle does not have the camera it just has the GPS capabilities. The one with the camera can be found here, http://www.backcountry.com/zeal-ion-camera-goggle
- Gender: Male
Everything is working perfectly with the iPhone. I am running the iphone 5 and you will need to download their app and update the goggle.
As for the optic itself. I am blown away. I have a pair of Smith IOX photochromatic and they can not touch these lenses. I also find these to be much more comfortable than the smiths. The frame of the Z3s to me is better made. It screams quality, not saying the smiths do not but there is a difference and to me it is noticeable. However, the Z3s do not come with a hard case. I had to call Zeal and order one. Their service is top notch. I say get a pair and see for yourself. Im very happy with this purchase.
how are the periphials compared to the...
how are the periphials compared to the Zeal iON Camera Goggle?
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These goggles are insane! Great lens along with crazy technology. Control it with your phone and rumor is, they are continuing to update software through the SDK platform the recon system is built on. A MUST have for the techy!
when will Z3 mod live bluetooth work with...
when will Z3 mod live bluetooth work with iphone?
It is supposed to for this 2012/13. It does work with Android for sure.
Yep confirmed with my iPhone 5