Don't let your bikes keep you out of your car
Have you ever had to unload all your bikes in the middle of a road trip because you had to grab something out of the back of your truck? Have you ever had to get 2 other guys to hold your bikes off the ground while you tilted your hitch-mount rack to access your tailgate? It's huge pain in the .... right. Unlike most hitch-mount racks, the Yakima Swingdaddy 4 Bike Rack lets you access the back of your car, even when it's fully loaded. Yakima was able to accomplish this by designing the Swingdaddy to swing horizontally away from the rear end of the truck. The days of the miserable road trip interruption are over!
- For use with 2-inch receivers only
- Fits just about any style bike (no tandems or recumbents) from 20-inch to 29-inch wheels
- Carries 4 bikes right out of the box
- Swings out of the way of your tailgate, even fully loaded
- Includes SKS security cable for added security
- Tough powder-coated finish
- Integrated bottle opener for post-ride hydration
Share your thoughts
Picture of older Swingdaddy 4
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Caution you are not getting what you see in this picture. Yakima has updated the swing daddy 4 big time and in my option I liked the older version better. New version has lots of plastic If interested look at the Yakima website to see what you're going to get. 1) With the standard hitch height at 14-16" the tip of the rails are around 66" high, not so easy if you're short. 2) They did away with the rubber straps for a harder plastic U-shape. 3) No longer comes with the cable lock, the HandCuff locking cable (sold separately) for an additional $39.00 and not available at B/C yet. 4) on the old version you were able to move the frame saddles around on the rails, this version they are screwed in place. 5) on the sway part the bike frame does not align being the new angle of the rails.