If your friends had this rack, too, you wouldn't have to wait for them so much.
The Yakima Raptor Aero Upright Bike Mount gives you a simple, fast, and versatile way to attach your bike to your vehicle's roof. Thanks to the center stabilizing bar that grips your downtube, you'll have your bike off your car and be starting your climb before your buddies finish putting on their front wheels back at the trailhead.
- Aero design is compatible with your vehicles oblong aero bars and also works with round, square, and most other factory crossbars right out of the box
- Center stabilizing bar clamps directly to your downtube so you don't have to remove the front wheel
- Center bar is compatible with downtubes between one and three inches in diameter
- Since your front wheel remains attached, this rack is compatible with your bike's disc brakes or funky thu axles
- Simple ratchet system secures your bike's wheels to the rack and release quickly for easy mounting and dismounting
Share your thoughts
Is this rack okay to use with a carbon...
Is this rack okay to use with a carbon frame bike (i.e. will not damage the frame)?
Yes there should be no damage as the claw is soft and padded so it grips tight but doesn't cause any damage to the frame or finish.
Meh...does the job sorta
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a great, inexpensive option if you don't want to take your front wheel off. That being said, from what I've seen, most factory racks are slightly curved. As such, once you mount this and stick a bike on it, the bike leans away from the center of the vehicle. This won't happen if you have Thule or Yakima cross bars. Additionally, the front wheel wobbles significantly at freeway speeds, as well as the frame to some degree. There is less wobble with a mountain bike than a road bike. For the price though and durability, I would go with something a little more stable.