A stable, secure rack for roof-transport of your canoe or kayak.
- HullFlex saddles mount with tool-less, claw quick grips and conform to a soft or hard chine as well as flat or round hull design
- Two web straps secure the mid-section to the crossbars
- Bow/stern straps and hooks secure the end-points for total security on the road
- Included security bolts to deter theft when you’re floating far from the vehicle
Share your thoughts
Convenient and Versatile
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love the convenience of taking these on and off my bars. They do a great job of holding my boat- a 20 foot long carbon fiber outrigger canoe. The beauty of them is that they seem like they'd work for many different sizes and shapes of watercraft.
However, that IS a quite a bit of pressure against them when I'm dealing with wind against the boat and I have had to pull over and re-tighten these occasionally if it's a windy day because they'll move across the bars when it's really windy.
I wouldn't let that deter you from purchasing, however. I'm sure there's a way you could tighten these down even further with tools. I do it by hand, though, since the convenience is a major issue. My boat is long and light enough that I just have to assume that transporting it in variable conditions will always be tricky.
will the kayak mount from rear of car and...
will the kayak mount from rear of car and slide on ?
These kayak docks are awesome!! They attach easily to virtually ANY bar shape and simply put they work. Set them to the desired width and plop your boat in them to have a safe, damage free way to transport your valuable watercraft. They come with bow and stern straps as well as straps to secure fore and aft of the cockpit.