Designed to keep aspiring young surfers warm and mobile in cool-to-cold waters, the XCEL Hawaii Kids' 3/2 Xplorer Wetsuit offers excellent stretch and a lightweight feel at a fraction of the price of some higher-end suits. UltraStretch neoprene construction allows them to move freely so they don't feel restricted when they're getting low in the barrel, and a Texture Skin chest panel prevents chilly gusts from sapping all their core warmth on windy days.
The back zip makes entry and exit easy, and it's slightly offset so it won't create a painful pressure point on their spine. GBS seams allow ample flexibility while keeping cold water from rushing in. Learning to surf takes persistence, and persistence takes being comfortable in the water for long periods of time, so make sure your up-and-coming surfer has the Xplorer to jump-start their progression.
- Entry level fullsuit for cool-to-cold water
- Durable GBS seams limit water entry
- Offset back zip takes pressure off spine and improves mobility
- UltraStretch neoprene offers excellent warmth and flexibility
- Minimal seam design for maximum stretch and durability
- Texture Skin chest panel blocks wind
- Duraflex knee panels protect suit
- Item #XCL001V
- Q & A
Xcel Kids Wetsuit
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I got this for my 6.5yr old son so we could go surfing in SoCal for Christmas. The water was 59deg and he said he was warm the whole time. The neoprene had enough stretch to it so that he wasnt tired just swimming around and he didnt get "flushed" every time he went underwater. The suit fit great and the online sizing was dead on for him. (size 8)
It is a good entry level suit for occasional use. If your kid is an avid waterman(waterboy?) I would suggest a higher quality suit.